Friday, April 13, 2012

What I have been up to lately (Jared)

Well between massive amounts of homework, tests, and papers I have found a little spare time to go fishing.  I've fished mostly the Red River here in Grand Forks.  As you can see from the pictures below I have not been to successful at all in catching fish.  Patty caught a bullhead, but that's it.  I think it is because I have no idea how to fish catfish and have hardly any experience fishing a river.  The only information I have about catching catfish is what I find online.  I have herd there are a decent amount of walleye to catch in the Red River as well so I might try to figure out how to catch those as well.  Patty and I also tried fishing Ryan Park pond in Grand Forks about 3 weeks ago and didn't catch anything.  I was hoping for a nice trout to eat for supper, but I guess they haven't stocked the trout pond yet. It is really nice North Dakota's fishing season doesn't close when the ice goes out, so if the weather is nice early you can go fishing early which I am doing.

I still have two videos I need to put up on YouTube, but between my computer acting up and having to have Windows reinstalled and massive amounts of schoolwork I haven't gotten around to it.  Hopefully I will be able to this weekend.  Anyway here are the pictures of fishing.
The Red River Of The North



Ryan Park Pond


My Red River fishing setup

The only fish we have caught so far

No comments:

Post a Comment