Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2011-2012 Ice Fishing YouTube Video

I finally got to putting our ice fishing video on YouTube.  It's a compilation of what we recorded while I (Jared) was home during my Christmas break.  Jim, Andy, and I had no job to speak of at the time (my job is in North Dakota), so we spent most of it fishing.  That is because we didn't have much money to do many other activities.  I had a ball, and we fished hard.  11 days straight hard.  Fishing was really bad, but we were not alone.  Everyone we talked to supposedly did way worse than us.  The funny thing is as soon as I left to go back to school all the guys started catching fish like crazy.  Go figure.  We fished so hard on this trip that we sometimes fished more than one lake a day, but what do you expect with so many lakes nearby and nothing else to do.

Here is a list of lakes we fished in order:
Little Ripley
Round
Little Long
Gordon Flowage (I forgot the technical name, but this is what we call it)
Tozer
Shell Lake
Spooner Flowage (in the city of Spooner)
Spooner Flowage
Tozer
Cable
Bashaw
Shell Lake
Pavlas
Pavlas
Spooner Flowage
Tozer

So as you see we did a pretty good amount of fishing.  This video is the first video that we got all four original members of Quad Survival.  It was Paul's first time ice fishing and of course we did a horrible job of taking him out ice fishing.  We didn't have a shack, lacked a lot of equipment, and didn't catch any fish.  It seemed like Paul had an O.K. time though.  Next time Paul I swear we will give you a proper ice fishing experience.  The first few days we went ice fishing there was ice and no snow which made running to flags comical.  I really wish I wasn't still stuck in school I really want to go ice fishing more.  I've never had more fun for that long of a period of time.  We really did not have that good or expensive of equipment.  In fact we trapped minnows for most of the time out fishing.  This goes to show ya that you don't need all that expensive stuff to catch fish and you especially don't need it to have a good time.  We tried to make it so we could survive just from ice fishing, but that did not work well and thanks to Andy and Jim's suggestion we had some squirrel to eat.  More on that later probably.  Well I am starting to ramble so here is the video.
Also I have a Twitter now by the way.  My Twitter is @JaredofQS.  In case you want to follow my daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment